Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Potty Training

So I knew this day would eventually come since I am a mom and Lilly has a diaper, but I was hoping that she would just teach herself. But I have been putting it off for awhile now and I want to get her potty trained before the new baby comes in a few months and I'm sick of changing her diaper. So all this week I will be staying home and teaching her to use the potty, we'll see how it goes. Lilly has quite the temper so we'll see how she handles me telling her to use the potty. Should be fun, Wish me luck!!

THis is not Lilly, I just thought they were cute pictures!


2 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Good luck with it all. I tried several times with Kaitlynn because I knew she was capable, but the first two times were a flop. She'd go the first day and then by the second day she'd hate the toilet because she did not like being told to go. Finally Rob came up with the idea to use shows as a incentive rather than treats and that was the trick. I told her that every time she went potty on the toilet she could watch a 15 minute cartoon. That was it and thankfully I did not have to do much after that. She had already trained herself to hold it because we use cloth diapers. So hopefully your girl is ready or you might realize changing diapers is not too bad in exchange for the stress! Good luck!

Harris Family said...

good luck! Hang in there though it is hard but it will be worth it.