Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Blessing dress

When we found out we were having another girl I knew that I would have to make another blessing dress for her (because you know how girls are,"what mom you didn't make my dress but you made one for Lilly?) I made Lilly's and it was one of those things I had hoped not to have to do again for awhile. There were many tears shed on Lilly's dress. I'm an ok sewer but I'm not perfect thats for sure. Especially when you are dealing with tiny baby clothes. But I decided to make the pattern easier, with Lilly's it was all from scratch and it was very frustrating. I get how I want it in my head and I go with that and sometimes its hard to make.


This is the new dress that I made for our new addition!


Another view


This is the new dress on the left and Lilly's on the right. I made this dress a little bit longer than Lilly's. Lilly was so tiny that it really didn't fit her.

I just really hope my girls appreciate the dresses when they are older!!

4 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Wow that is awesome that you made these! I definitely did not even think about doing such things! They look beautiful! What an heirloom.

The Packards said...

You are amazing! I bought Lexis, and then Roz wore the same one

Linnae said...

They are both gorgeous! Great job!

Laura Davies said...

I LOVE it..simply beautiful....I miss you..
Laura