Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! I hope everyone had a wonderful night. Sorry, I haven't posted anything in awhile, mostly because I had nothing to post. So for our valentines day we got up and went to the temple, then we went to 3 different grocerie stores trying to find ingredients for Nathan's appetizer, then we came home. We decided to stay home this year and make our own fancy dinner. My parents and sisters are in Cancun, so we decided to take advantage of them being away.
Our Menu:
Appetizers:
Bruschetta on Baguette bread
Cut up pineapple
Ceaser Salad
Main meal:
Mashed Potatoes and
gravy
T-Bone Steak
Drink:
Cold Duck (Sparkling grape juice)

We had candles and Faux ( as it says on the package) rose petals! It was fun and then we watched a movie. For our gifts, I was cutting a guy's hair one day when he was telling me about his wife's company. She makes organic fresh spices. Those of you who know Nathan, knows he likes making food with fun ingredients. So I decided to get him some of these special spices. They were Saffron, Thyme, Cumin, Rosemary, Basil, Tarragon. So we'll see how he does. Nathan got me a dozen pink roses, my favorite and some Cozy crocs. I've been telling him for months I really wanted some because they look so comfortable. So anyways that was our Weekend!

Our beautiful Meal and Table

Nathan's Spices

My pretty Flowers and Crocs

My valentine's socks

4 comments:

Aleisha said...

We went to Juniors a couple days ago for some Cheescake, and I thought about you guys, I'm sure Nathan will love the spice. NYU Dental College was just on the food network I'll send you the post for the clip.

Grant

Levi and Katie Hansen said...

So fun that you decided to do dinner at home! It sounds like it tasted great!

Ashley said...

I want you guys to come make me dinner!!!

The Haskin Family!!!! said...

Hey way Cute!! We stayed home this year too!! Its actually a lot nicer I feel like :)